Re: Vintage Gear, E-bait etc

That's a really nice summary Kevin. The cost of guitars has really
declined. I teach math in high school, and one of the "word problems"
in our textbook lists the cost of a guitar as $750 and a bass as $900.
The book was published in the 80's, and usually the dollar figures are
_way_ too low by current standards, so this word problem really stands
out as an anomaly. I always attributed it to lower labor costs in the
far east, but how much labor does it take to make a solid body guitar?
Weren't they designed to be easy to mass produce?

Thanks to an earlier discussion, I got my current favorite guitar from
Rondomusic.net for $160. It's a chinese made telecaster copy with a
bigsby and a bridge humbucker. So what is that, like $30 in 1975
dollars?

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net