RE: Tubes in Pre-amps: your expertise and honest opinion.

Duncan wrote:
"you can buy a plug-in to simulate tape-saturation! what's that all about?
no! buy a real revox!"

I hear what you say, Duncan.

However, quite frankly, in my musical world,  I have to ask this question:

 "Should  I run my recordings through a freeware plugin that uses digital
acoustic modelling
to simulate tape saturation that 95% of ALL audiences cannot distinguish
from  the
sound of the reall thing (Revox)......

.......or should I use the money that I would have spent on a used
Revox tape machine (and all it's attendant cabling and cabinetry and space
to house it)
on that French Horn that I"ve been lusting over?"

Both  answers to that question are valid artistically and I truly respect
you if
your answer is different from mine.

 In my own world,  I just don't make enough money
to do both.   Consequently,  I'll buy the French Horn when I can afford it.

If people have the money to do both, then I say more power to you.

with respect,     Rick