RE: 2nd hand revox (was: Tubes in Pre-amps)

Title: RE: 2nd hand revox (was: Tubes in Pre-amps)

>>Should  I run my recordings through a freeware plugin..or should I use the money that I would have spent on a used Revox tape machine<<

yeah, the key word there is "freeware". the plug-in tape sim I was thinking of at the time of my brain-heated ranting was something I'd seen reviewed, probably by hugh robjohns in sound-on-sound, which was close to or beyond 2000 english quids. I mean, that's crazy however much disposable income one has.

as a rule of thumb, when it comes to disposing of disposable income in some sort of musician-friendly emporium, I tend to favour things that can make a noise on their own over things that merely process or control. I mention this because in this context, the french horn is obviously top of the list, then the revox, then the software.
indeed, that far-off day in ancient history when I bought my first repeater, I felt compelled to acquire a new synth module I didn't need, which was the start of a whole new adventure using emu modules.
but I digress. again.

d.