In Praise of Stomp Box Pedals was: ModFx on ebay

Dirk Wilbert said:
"Think I will never need a real synthesizer - my CP33 piano sounds like a
synthesiser with these two - and in combination with metavox and philtre
there's nothing it can't do ..."

I'm glad to hear someone else has this approach.
Back in the New Wave days before I could afford a synthesizer
 I used a really cheap original Casio keyboard through guitar effects
pedals.
I even put a Fairlight CMI sign on it as  a joke.

A few weeks ago, I had a scheduled debut for my industrial middleeastern
project,
nO thiN -g with John Connell and Robin Jacobs (founding ex-member of
Switchblade
Symphony) and my main synthesizer went down AND my old Akai sampler with
all the cool industrial drum sounds went down the night before the gig.

I took an old Alesis QSR  synth with really normal, boring sounds and ran
it
through a Boss Distortion pedal.........................it sounded great!!!

Lets hear it for cool stomp box pedals.   In fact if any one is interested
moderate
a stomp box pedals tribe  at tribe.net   http://STOMPBOXPEDALS.tribe.net
Come join me there...............it's a nice resource for finding out
what's
out there
in any given style of pedal.  We had a very nice thread on distortion
pedals
here while back.