Re: Help needed w/echoplex ARRAY

Wow...that sounds ideal!  Finally sounds like maybe somebody put
together the product.  I'd have done that years ago if I had the bucks
to pour into it.  Todd is checking it out.  That may solve the
problem.   I'm assuming you can get three stereo tracks out from the
look of the backplane?

We could just alter our control setup to MIDI probably, but at 7 bit
midi volume control isn't the best of course.  He's doing high end
productions and wants everything audibly smooth.

Let me describe what I built for him.  He has a box that gives him all
the record/erase etc. controls for each individual jamman.  He has
another box across the volume pedal from it that has 4 LED volume bar
graph indicators, above a mute switch for each channel, and a 'select
switch below that with a multicolor LED to indicate mute on the red part
and Select on the Green part.  So in other words muted and selected =
orangeish.  If you have it in that position you can change the volume on
that track along with any other selected tracks to the value the pedal
is currently oriented at.   This allows you, for instance, to select a
previously recorded track that was muted, drop it's volume, then un-mute
it and bring it gradually back into the mix while playing something else
etc.

So basically it's just a very practical performance controller for a one
man show.  Todd has like 500 or some such number of instruments from
around the world and takes some of them on the road to demonstrate them
in school assemblies or open performances.  www.toddgreen.com

Anyway, worse case scenario, if these things can sync reliably and can
be individually started/stopped, he can probably get by using 4 of them
for the purposes we're talking about.  Space saved is always a good
thing.  In which case we'll have some edp's for sale probably.  I have
three of them here I'm testing.    He's calling them and hopefully
there's a way to hi-res control the volume internally in which case he
might be able to get by with one though ideally he wants at least 4
independent outs to work with. --Bob