Re: New MIDI footpedal from Roland FC-300

On 20 jan 2007, at 04.51, Ed Drake wrote:

> Loopers,
>
> I haven't seen this mentioned here yet so here goes.
>
> In our ongoing search for better midi control of our loopers,
> Roland has announced a new midi foot controller, the FC 300.
>
> http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=850
>
> Unfortunately there isn't much info on the exact midi
> implementation of the pedal (notes, continuous controllers,
> channels, etc) so no way at this point to see if it's getting
> closer to the midi control of the legendary Digitech PMC 10 or not.
>
> There is no mention of price either.
>
> Loop on

You're right about not much info available. But there is a PDF manual
available for the FC-200, which seems to be a little bigger. This
looks good:

> • Control Mode and Note Mode
> Control and Note modes allow you to assign different
> controllers or note numbers to each of the FC-200’s foot
> switches (external foot switches can be assigned as
> well).

But I wouldn't buy a FC-300 until confirming it can do the same. I
also like a little more buttons because I like to use a bank
dedicated to playing pitch transposition of the loop and then it's
nice to have at least one octave's span.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)