Re: stereo looper with midi?

On 22 jan 2007, at 22.00, Mech wrote:

> Yeah, it's more a matter of setting up the buttons properly.  Keep
> in mind that
> the LP-1 can set up multiple functions in a row for a single button
> press.
> Steve Lawson posted on the Looperlative board his button
> configuration to do (I
> think) just what you're talking about, here:
>
> http://www.looperlative.com/060913discuss/viewtopic.php?p=1047#1047
>
> It takes a bit to get your head around the basic concept (that a
> single button
> will do function A, then B, then C, then D, depending on how you
> program it
> within the LP-1), but you mostly have to work it out in your head
> while you're
> programming it.  Afterward, you just use the button and don't have
> to think so
> much about the chain of commands it's executing.  Not to mention
> that, then
> again, there are several functions that require a bit of thought on
> the EDP
> too.  ;)

Thanks for posting that link to the Looperlative forum. Very
interesting! I love the concept of being able to use one foot button
for a sequence of looping actions, or alternate actions. For Mobius I
use the built-in scripting to customize the interface for my FCB1010.
For Ableton Live, Augustus Loop and my EDP that I was mainly using
two years ago I was  working in the way Zoe described in her latest
post, to achieve multi functionality in single foot buttons.

A further dimension, available with Mobius (and to some extend with
the EDP) is to have a single button do different things depending on
what looping mode you happen to bee in at the moment. Like, for
example, if the loop is in Multiply Mode the button reacts as
"Record" which means you cut the loop right away, un-quantized. But
if the loop should be in Overdub Mode the same button would work as
as a "Speed" button that lets you record octave jumps for any
overdubbed audio input. Etc, etc... By scripting you can achieve
almost anything you might envision.

It seems the LP also offers some of this flexibility, as posted by
Steve Lawson:
> the beauty for me of the LP is that it's infinitely open-ended -
> you can perceive the 8 tracks in any way you want - as layers, as
> next loops, in groups of 2/3/4 etc. etc. lots of different ways,
> all of which will affect the way you program the buttons.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)