Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V07 #69

Hey Os,

That's a very good week to be in the SF bay area. For anyone who's
going to be in the area, www.bayimproviser.com/calendar is a great
place to find improvised and experimental music events.

The Luggage Store has a great show lined up for thursday March 1st:
Darwinsbitch (Marielle Jakobsens, a violin/computer performer who
consistently blows me away with her talent and concentration) and
Thomas Dimuzio.

On March 8th, it's instrument inventor Tom Nunn's cd release party.

If you take the 20 minute train ride to Oakland, there's also this big
outdoor event that week. Multiple electronic and acoustic bands
playing to projections on a big downtown wall.:

Fri 3/2 7:00 PM The Great Wall of Oakland [West Grand between Broadway
and Valley]
The Illuminated Corridor takes on The Great Wall of Oakland, the
seven-story, north facade of the former Breuner's Furniture Store with
a three-part performative projection featuring the films of 2006
Phelan Awardee Alphonso Alvarez and intermedia work by myrmyr
(Marielle Jakobsons and Agnes Szelag), Shudder (Phillip Greenlief,
Kyle Bruckman, Lance Grabmiller) and a new work commissioned for this
site by composer Dan Plonsey and perfomed by Myles Boisen, Merlin
Coleman, George Cremaschi, Jeff Hobbs, Lisa Mezzacappa, Jonathan
Segel, John Shiurba and Bill Wolter.