Guitar to Miscellaneous Music boxes

Title: Message
Slightly OT but many of you play guitar and some people are experimenting with new ways to make sound to feed loopers.

I've been thinking about starting to use a RMC fanout box to split strings into separate signal paths. It occurred to me it might be really interesting to feed each signal to a different small environment, which would resonate and alter the sound. Say, string 1 to a can with a few small bells, string 2 to a metal plate in a box, strings 3 and 4 to a long tube with a flared end, strings 5 and  6 to a 3 ft. high empty water bottle. Each fed by a small speaker, each miked.

Surely others have done this. Anyone seen something similar?

Thoughts?

Hal Dean