Re: Guitar to Miscellaneous Music boxes

Quoting "Dean, Hal" <HDean@wcupa.edu>:

> I've been thinking about starting to use a RMC fanout box to split
> strings into separate signal paths....
>
> Surely others have done this. Anyone seen something similar?

Hal,

I've certainly thought about it.  I've started throwing GK's on a lot of
different axes, and I'll probably get a fanout eventually but it's a bit
down
the priority list right now.

There is one guy I've seen post over on the Stickwire list who has a
12-string
Grand Stick with two GK-2a's installed, and he uses a fanout to breakout
the
Bass side and process each string separately.  Unfortunately, my email
laptop
melted (literally) last week, and all those details are trapped in an
archive
on a hard drive the other side of a dead logic board.  Sorry for the scant
help, but at least you know you're not alone.  :(

FWIW, I've been a bit obnoxious on the VG-8 mailing list with pushing some
feature requests up the chain for the upcoming VG-99.  One of these is for
the
USB feed into a computer to break the strings out into six individual
channels,
which would do exactly what you're talking about sans the RMC Fanout.
Let's
keep our fingers crossed....

     --m.