Re: loopers digest frequency query

Hi Rick,

afaik

There's a maximum size in Bytes for a digest, based on everyone posting
in plain text to the list.
So when someone sends a post in HTML, it's possible that the max size
gets exceeded rather quickly.
Some email programs give you the opportunity to say you want to post in
plain text, but mostly they default to HTML. There's also the webmail
sites,( like Yahoo? ) which like to add masses of advertising for their
services to every mail. So it's a product of the software that runs the
list, combined with the fact that contributors are often being led
(unknowingly) to confound the system by the email system that they use.

Best way is to set your email client to put LD posts into a separate
folder, then it's even no problem to get the individual posts, as it's
all tidied away. This helps to preserve threading for the archive when
you make your replies.

Hope this clears it up for you.

cheers

andy butler