Re: Re: show me yours and i'll show you mine...

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Daryl Shawn wrote:

> Good LORD look at all those Moog pedals! And what is the crazy Morley
>echo
> thing at the left?? And what are the heatsinks for in the live rig???

The Morley echo thing is a Morley EVO-1 "oilcan" electrostatic delay
pedal. Five pounds, and with a built-in carrying handle. Lush sound. Love
it.
Detail pics here, with two links in the comment to the flickr set for
background and explanation:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52422536@N00/sets/72157594545190887/

The heatsinks, along with the dead hard drive on one of the heatsinks,
were the sound sources I used for that performance, using contact mics.
Flicking a tine of an aluminum heatsink created this beautiful metallic
chime/"ting" sound.

To answer Skage's original questions, the entire rig runs in mono: I don't
have a stereo PA setup, so I don't personally feel a need to work in
stereo. As for loopers before/after fx, I tend to have an two loop pedals
at the beginning of the signal chain, and two to three at the end. So I
can grab a loop from Stick or theremin or whatever unaffected, process it
with fx, catch it with the downstream loopers, then repeat.

>> Here's the immediate working area of my studio.
>>
>> http://www.subscapeannex.com/pics/studio1.jpg
>>
>> And a picture of the setup I took to a performance last May, just
>before I
>> began:
>> http://pics.livejournal.com/badger/pic/0001g6br/

best,