Re: OT: The Police on Tour

My fabulous five were Rush, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, ELP, and Kansas.  I'd throw Yes in there too, but then it would be six. :)

A bunch of those 'dinosaur' bands are still touring.  In the last 5 years or so, I've seen Blue Oyster Cult, UFO, Michael Schenker, King Crimson, Kansas, Keith Emerson, Camel, Rush, Yes, Dixie Dregs (though they were never 'popular'.), Paul Rodgers (Bad Co), Molly Hatchett, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Wishbone Ash just did a few shows, Steve Hackett tours, Deep Purple is still around.

I find that the music that's on the radio is just ok (not the top 40, but what used to be considered AOR stations) but there is still a huge amount of great music being made.  it's just not in the mainstream.

Tony