Re: how much do you care about your music being in strict equal tempermentkeys?

andy butler wrote:
> Some things do bother me though, I hate it when jazz bass players play
> out of tune (which is most of the time) :-)

Bass players often don't learn to bend the thick strings, and an ET
freted bass is always low... I love fretless basses, its much easier to
play in tune with them (and harder at the same time... ;-)

ET is out of tune. The most important thing is playing in tune, tuning
in -- which is feeling the good sounding tune...
Out of tune is always bothering, and a westernly detuned cora is out of
tune by definition...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------