Re: how much do you care about your music being in strict equal temperment keys?

Joshua Carroll wrote:
> My boss actually thinks that keys have inherent moods, and would agree
> that D minor is the saddest of all keys.

I always thought it's a-minor... ;-)
The emotion of keys is related to our culture. In the past there was a
real difference, as there was no ET. Now we learn according what our
teachers and Hollywood tells us. If every movie puts up d minor for the
sad parts, thats our symbol for sadness, it doesn't mean that its
inherent in the key. And for those who don't suffer from the perfect
pitch desease, it could be as well a-minor...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------