Re: Well OT Re: What do you think is necessary in order to have anexcellentcomposition?

Quoting Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de>:

> Maybe you find out that
> being locked into thinking in keys is the main problem and finally you
> are able to break old rotten rules exactly at a point where it makes
> sense...

Interesting point.  I have always found key signatures to be confining
and I haven't composed with standard notation since the mid 80's.  I
prefer a piano roll editor.  My only need for standard notation is so
I can learn the music and play it myself.

Traditional theory, harmony, etc... is always there for me if I need
it however I really don't think about it when I'm composing.

-- Kevin