Re: OT: MIDI CC Resolution (was: Considering building an ultimate looper...)

Mech,

 You are correct.. I had forgotten about that, and did not continue forth
in my
reading once I thought I had my answer.. :)

 So, I think, instead of the a new ultimate looper, we need an ultimate
midi
pedal.. which is not a new topic either.. :) a device where the knobs,
sliders,
and/or pedals have the ability to send not only standard midi, but the
ability
to pair up CC's for the improved resolution.. of course, since we are
moving
out of the 'spec', we could go as far as combining more than 2 CC's for an
even
greater resolution... timing becomes more important as we chain the
commands
together, as a full CC message on midi hardware takes 1ms to make it's
trip...
but, if the sending device correctly supports 'running status' the two CC
version will only take 1.6ms, instead of 2ms.. and if we jumped up up to a
4
message CC (for a 32766 resolution) it would be 2.8ms, instead of 4ms..
anyways,
fun stuff.. :)

 While we are talking about controllers, I think coming up with a pedal
that
can
have it's current position set (like knobs with halos, or motorized faders)
would be cool as well.. Nate Pease and I talked about a 'roller' with the
current position represented by LED's (like the knob with halo)...

peace
-cpr