Re: OT: MIDI CC Resolution

Mech schrieb:
> Hey, thanks for the verification that I'd read the spec correctly.  But
>I'd say,
> given the current state of controllers out there, that the original
>solution
> you hit upon is the most compatible, since most pedals can be set to
>manipulate
> Pitch Wheel.  I'd wonder if there are any pedals other than the ones
>that we've
> mentioned that will even merely transmit proper MSB/LSB Mod Wheel,
>rather than
> dumbing it down to MSB only.

If you can set it to pitch wheel does not mean at all it will transmit a
resolution of 14-bit, even pitch wheels in keyboards do it rarely. Hook
up a midi monitor and watch the values...
In keyboards you would need the resolution if you set the wheel range of
the synth to octaves and don't want jumps in the pitch. Most keyboard
players aren't even aware that you can set it differently and won't
recognize the poor resolution, as they move the pitch only a second up
or down...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------