Re: "self resonating" fretleess electric guitar -- ideas?

Just in response to the self-resonating part, instead of making any
modifications to the guitar itself I've often cranked up a
battery-powered amp on a stool to my left, pointed it toward me so the
audience doesn't have to hear it and fed it from a Y-cable. When I want
to sustain a note, I just press the headstock right up against the amp
housing. It's less predictable than an actual Sustainiac, but I like
being able to control it with a physical motion, as well as not having
to deal with cords and heavy crap on my headstock.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com