RE: POST YOUR SETUP

Another curiously simple setup:

Basses: fretted Rick Turner Renaisssnace 4; fretless Rick Turner
Renaissance 5>>>

 >not so much in an attempt to "model" other gtrs, and, after all, I am
 >playing BASS..but rather for the way it "neutralizes" the sound of the
 >pickup --and granted the Turner PUs are very, very good--and superimposes
 >that with the unique sonic shape of a mic'd acoustic instrument.  Very
 >warm and natural sounding.  The only "modeler" I have ever really
 >liked.).>>>

>>>custom LOW END TRUE VOICE PREAMP: a hand made, hand wired
>(point-to-point--nary a chip nor circuit board in sight) tube preamp
>using a single 6S*7 octal tube and a single passive tone control. Also
>doubles as a tube DI and can be used to send my "direct signal"
>(pre-loops) to a house mix.>>>

>great number of functions not in the original JamBoy (mutilple
>serial/parallel loops, fades in and out of indiividual channels, stereo
>placement of loops, mutiple loop lengths...), barely resembles the
>original. At times I use an EDP with Loop IV, but, for some reason prefer
>the JamMan.>>>

>(2 12au7 tubes--NOS JAN tubes). Hand made, point to point wiring. I use
>this to "mask" any digital artifacts made vis-a-vis the loopers.  It was
>originally designed for this purpose in conjunction with amp modelers
>like the POD or ToneLab, but works wonders with digital looping devices
>(and serves another purpose as a ersatz "reamp" box when dealing with
>recorded tracks!)  Very cool, with  gain and passive tone control...can
>add slight "warmth" (I hate using that term) to tube OD and grind.
>Wonderful device made with very high end audiophile components. Works
>great at "masking" any digital-ness to loopage.>>>

>outboard aux loop, with "dry balance" control which keeps a designated
>potion of the signal from the loop.  It also features a variable feedback
>loop, which induces screams, wails and shrieks from whatever it is
>plugged into (and makes kittens explode).  I use it to control the mix of
>my reverb only...which is...>>>

>ever used.  True analog spring (two spring tanks: onelong one short) can
>be linked for stereo operation, dual mono, or a cascaded sound. A very
>incredible sounding reverb which has made me leave my various digital
>processors in the studio.>>>

>(and the parallel out feeds my monitor setup which is and Acoustic Image
>Amp with AI extension cabs...for larger venues various flavors of Bag End
>Cabs.

Recording is basically the same setup, altho' frequently the preamp and DI
setup is changed out in favor of any of the following:
UA610
Avalon U5
Chandler Ltd. Germanium Mic Pre
Chandler Ltd Germanium Tone Control
Manley VoxBox

The JamMan is switched out or used in tandem with a Gibson EDP. The only
MIDI used is when syncing these...tho' of late I have prefered them
unsync'd ("syncless"?).

Other than the reverb there are no effects, pedal or digital muti-fx,
used....and I really don't miss them.

Max

Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail.
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507