Re: still on the interface quest...

Have you checked out the pre-sonus firebox?

http://www.presonus.com/firebox.html

I think it meets most of your specs, except the effects (it comes with
Cubebase LE). I was ready to buy one the other day, but my ThinkPad T60p
doesn't have firewire...so I would have to buy a cardbus converter. Pisses
me off. I am getting the E-MU 1616 Cardbus for now, and am thinking of
getting my very first mac next January (for my 40th B-Day). I think this
is
simlar to the M version, but without the effects.

Kris