still on the interface quest...

I have, as you can see if you look closely at a shot from a time and a
place
where you have been, too ;)
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2006/10/y2k-international-loop-festival.html

The 1616 has the same effects as the M version has, only different
converters/pres.

Don't even think about using a cardbus converter in conjunction with a
Presonus interface. A friend of mine has the small (no pres) firewire
interface by Presonus and suffered problems to no end...

I'm really into that integrated DSP effects idea...you know how I use
resources on the computer - I might be the only guy running a music
computer
constantly at 80-90% CPU load ;).

        Rainer