Re: OT- Resonating (was:Re: Civitas Urbanus (new album release))

On 21 jul 2007, at 18.35, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

> I've often wondered as to why a kid brought up on the musical
> scores of Bugs Bunny, The Partridge Family and The Monkees would
> gravitate quite specifically toward some ethnic music and not
> others.  Theories?

My theory is that the less you actually care for music the more prone
you are to fall into the habit of liking what is "ethnically"
expected from you according to where you live, your culture, race
etc. But if you really care for music, which most humans seem to do,
you simply match all music you hear against your inner structure of
emotional preconditioning - and that is unique on a deep personal
level and has nothing to do with ethnic heritage. "Roots" is almost
obsolete at this part of the human history.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)