Spell on Arthur Brown

  I remember Arthyr Brown from psychedelic days ( or daze) and he was
indeed
outrageous.Don't want to take deserved props away from him ,but he wasn't
the first one to do spooky theatrics in rock/pop. I do believe he was
inspired by Screamin' Jay Hawkins of I Put a Spell on You fame, who would
get out of a coffin onstage etc. James Brown  copped part of his early
schtick from Hawkins,  becoming so overcome with emotion that he fell down
and would be led off stage by someone who wrapped a cape around his
shoulders(Hawkins wore a cape) .JB would turn and throw off the cape and
ruch back center stage and go down on his knees and go back to screaming.I
believe it was on te song Please Please Please I saw the bit in about 65
so
I'm not sure.

http://newlivehotmail.com