Re: Spell on Arthur Brown

All true about Screamin' Jay and JB.

But, Arthur was the first (to my knowledge) to have done in this in
the modern rock-n-rock context for it's time.
Or, at least he did it to such an extreme degree,  more than possibly
anyone else had ever previously done.

Regardless, I would say he was THE godfather of  "rock theatre", and
I doubt there are many who would argue with that.

I also recall seeing the footage of JB and his "emotional" cape
routine. It was also great!

I have a (later reissue) LP copy of a Screamin' Jay album with him
"emerging" from some fancy coffin.
He and his management likely paid off some funeral home let them take
the pic of him, in the coffin sales room area. Hilarious!

Also, on Arthur Brown's first album, he and his band do a KILLER
version Screamin' Jays' "I Put A Spell On You"!!!
The chicken before the egg, or the egg before the chicken? Dilemma!
(snicker) :-)

-Rev. Fever

PS-For lovers of the synthesizer and other musical electronics, (as I
most certainly AM!)  Arthur also put out the first ever all
electronic "rock" album,
back in 1982 or so, entitled "Requiem" (still available on CD
reissue), when he was still living in Austin,TX.

(And still doing a *house painting business*  with JImmy Carl Black.
No kidding. I have long time Austin friends who can verify this.)

He was fortunate enough to have hooked up with some folks there who
had access to, or owned, a lot of the latest state-of-the-art
electronic instruments
and devices that were new and available at that time. Arthur was
always a few steps ahead of the curve, as usual...