Question for Sooperlooper users re: Ableton Live

Experimenting with software loopers again. Sooperlooper seems to be the best one availalble for my 1.5 Mac Powerbook. I have the AU version of SL installed on a Midi track in Live 6.07. I have an audio track (Guitar In) routed to the midi track. I have another audio track recieving audio from the midi track. So far so good. I can control SL with an FCB1010. I can hear input and looped material. (All monitors are set to "In")
I would like to add some effects to the guitar signal going into SL. If I place a delay on the Audio In (Guitar), it appears audio is not being routed through the delay. The signal going into SL is dry.
If I place a delay in front of SL on the midi track, that doesnt work either. The only way I'm able to hear a wet signal is if I create yet another audio track before the original "audio in" track and route it through that. Is this correct? Am I missing something regarding routing?
Also, to utilize multiple loops, do I need multiple tracks and extended midi assignments?
It seems to be a really cool setup. If I can just figure out the finer points I would very happy. I tried posting on the Sooperlooper mailing list, but all my emails come back as errors.
Any help would greatly appreciated.
Regards
MFC