Re: Question for Sooperlooper users re: Ableton Live

On 8/8/07, midifriedchicken@comcast.net <midifriedchicken@comcast.net>
wrote:

> I would like to add some effects to the guitar signal going into SL. If I
> place a delay on the Audio In (Guitar), it appears audio is not being
>routed
> through the delay. The signal going into SL is dry.

When I put apple's AUDelay (for instance) in the audio track that is
feeding SL and I set monitor to In (the only way to get audio into SL)
it is getting the wet signal for me.  This is with Live 6.

> Also, to utilize multiple loops, do I need multiple tracks and extended
>midi
> assignments?

Currently with the SL AU, you do need to have a separate track for
each loop you add (via the session menu) and feed the output into the
other input pairs (eg, 3/4 for the first, 5/6 for the second, and 7/8
for the third).  Unfortunately, Live is hiding 1/2 which is the "main
ins" if you were using the standalone JACK SL, which prevents you from
getting audio into all of SL's loops.

As for MIDI, you have a few options.  You can bind additional events
just as you did for the first loop, possibly using a different bank on
your FCB for each loop.  Alternatively, you can use the relatively new
loop selection bindings (see the MIDI Bindings tab in SL's
preferences, select_next_loop/select_prev_loop to change the selected
loop, and bind each of your looping commands with the Loop#
"Selected".

> It seems to be a really cool setup. If I can just figure out the finer
> points I would very happy. I tried posting on the Sooperlooper mailing
>list,
> but all my emails come back as errors.

Not sure what is happening there, it could have been a temporary
glitch.  Try it again sometime.

jlc