Re: Sparce 'n Spacey, part 2: fretless guitar

On 14 aug 2007, at 15.24, Mech wrote:

> Per, if you're going to tackle making a second fretless, here's
> another thought: go for a 12-string.

That's an interesting idea! I've had an electric 12-string once, that
I tuned in fifths (inspired by Lyle Mays sound when he had zithers
all over the grand's top). I'v also been thinking that it would be
nice to have a four string fretless, hopefully with a quite narrow
finger board. You may as well get rid of the thinner, high pitched,
strings for fretless, because they don't sound very interesting
anyway. I'd rather play a thicker string at a low fret and create
high notes by feedback overtones, since the lower neck playing
position gives you better pitch control. I have yet not started using
a filter pedal (wha?) in the Sustaniac-C loop, but with such a setup
you can pretty much sweep the sustained feedback note through
different overtones.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)