Re: oberheim echoplex for sale

(I have written a few C programs in my day of doing that.  One that was
an editor for the Kawai K5.)

Ahhh...one of my all time favorites: K5. I still have one (K5M).

Paul

Bob Weigel <sounddoctorin@imt.net> wrote:
Well maybe if they are so secure in their knowledge and dominance of the
topic they won't have to turn into you-know-what's and start mud
slinging and have some understanding of a less experienced person in
their niche'.

Though I think I can safely say that in reality...it's more like ME
being the office of one specialty area in MIT walking across the hall to
another guy's specialty area and saying "Hey Jack, I was reading about
some of your problems over here and I relate several aspects of my
expertise to these..."

I have written a few C programs in my day of doing that. One that was
an editor for the Kawai K5.

100,000 lines? In C code?? *blink*. Uhh..yeah never done one that
long. Being a language with a lot of built ins and all... usually not
necessary to go quite that far with it :-). I seem to recall that one
being 80K of text or something like that.

When I do pic chips I write in assembler so far. But anyway if I do it
I'll have a vision of about what it will entail and do it. If someone
tells me they are going to improve something I've done I tell them "go
for it". I don't act like an asshole. -Bob

Jeff Larson wrote:

>>"Ultimate looper". My term for something that has all the features
>>someone would want in a dedicated hardware box currently. Somebody
>>seems to have a permanent attitude against me for dreaming of such a
>>thing and considering making one. Does this person have some
>>

>FINANCIAL
>

>>INTEREST for seeing that such a product NOT be done? Who is this "CV"
>>

>>and why are they bearing some kind of grudge agaisnt me? I totally
>>don't get it.
>>

>I won't speak for this mysterious "CV" but please try to understand
>that there are people on this list with many years of experience
>actually building looping hardware and software, some of them over a
>decade.
>
>When someone comes along saying they're going to build the "ultimate
>looper" with "all the features" this is sort of like walking into the
>M.I.T physics department and claiming you're going to solve the cold
>fusion problem.
>
>You seem like a nice guy with a low tolerance for sarcasm, so I'm
>trying my best to put this gently. If you can't describe the
>architecture and functions of the EDP, Repeater, and Looperlative, to a
>reasonably thorough degree you really aren't in a position to toss out
>phrases like "ultimate" and "all the features" because you don't know
>what those mean.
>
>If you have never written a computer program in C or C++ of over 100,000
>
>lines then some people are going to have difficulty taking you seriously
>because building a looper is more about the software than the hardware.
>
>I don't think anyone is trying to crush your dream, but we may be
>surprised and a little incredulous that someone else is crazy enough to
>dream it.
>
>Jeff

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?