bad equipment happens to good people

.....so i take my little kit from my hot hot hot third floor studio to my oh so kool livingroom and practice and fine tune it for a day before my FARMHOUSE COFFEE gig.....many moons ago i had a pickup installed in my acoustic and does it sound wonderful, the dulcet tones would make a brick cry.....i'm set so i think.....get to the gig.....sweet venue, beautiful outdoor, woodsy patio but toooo hot for lee the sax player so inside we go.....lee sez "this is a pretty conservative group (it's a christian coffee house), can you play xyz?" "no" sez i, 59 years of abuse and encroaching altzheimers have removed all these tunes from my jazzbo daze....."well here are some charts, these will be the tunes we will play" "ok" sez i, a little worried but more than willing to push on.....after a few mins. my sound went from bad to worse....."turn up" sez lee.....needless to say this was not an option with my acoustic.....then every minute or so my sound would stop compleatly for a few seconds then come back.....must be the rang, so i pull out the power chord and reinsert it, no go.....it got to the point where i then plugged directly into the little vox amp, no effects, just me and my guit.....same thing happens.....so it's the amp! aha!.....what would make a digital little amp do that, cut out for a few seconds, very disconcerting especially while looping.....so out goes the amp and i'm into the house PA.....big speaker right behind me so more feedback than you can shake a whale at.....amazingly i was not that freaked and took the negative energy i was feeling and started playing like a totally mad goon.....the christians had already left the building leaving only a few of my buds, lee and the owner of the coffee house with his two helpers.....they, myself included enjoyed this more so than the anal music of the first set.....the owner seemed to dig it but i don't know about lee (he never really speaks to me which is what blew my mind at our frist gig several months ago).....so what sounded like heaven here in my kool livingroom turned into a mad beast that bit me in the ass.....BUT THE SHOW MUST GO ON!.....in some strange way i enjoyed myself even though there were many rick walker moments to this gig.....beasties! unplug them and move on i guess.....i was going to bring my guild to y2k7, I LOVE IT but.....perhaps i'm not a good person.....:).....michael

www.ct-collective.com
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci/
http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar11