Re: OT Film (No standards: crap.)

At 12:40 PM -0500 8/28/07, Nick Bennett wrote:
>"That Hell-Bound Train" was the story; it was by Robert Bloch. I
>think you can find it in the three-volume "Complete Stories of
>Robert Bloch" collection, as well as volume II (I think) of the Hugo
>Winners collections.

Bloch!  That's right; I had the wrong Robert.  :)

I remember reading it in that Hugo Winners collection years ago.
Thanks for the reminder.  Great series (as well as the Nebulas), so I
may have to go back and pick that one up too.

>Ellison's "The Cheese Stands Alone" is a great one, too.

Heh!  Harlan can get a bit self-indulgent (hey, I can say that; he's
still one of my all-time favorite authors ;).  But this story is from
my favorite time period, collected in "Stalking the Nightmare".
IMNSHO, this collection personifies what one friend of mine once said
about Ellison: "He may have his ups and downs, but when Harlan finds
a shard of truth he's not afraid to cut you with it".

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."