RE: Question about fretless guitar(slightly OT)

I was thinking the same thing, but given that was an
acoustic, it made sense.  I did go to a fretless
site,a nd learned a few things, I was thinking of
putting epoxy on the fretboard Jaco-style as well.
It's a maple fretboard and I've already filled the
frets with wood filler, because I need my reference
points for intonation.  I also was trying to figure
out string gauge and all that, I just planned on using
roundwound strings and tuning to standard, although
standard for me is a half step down.  I'd love the
idea of adding a sustainer to the guitar, but it's a
cheap axe and am only experimenting, so maybe I'll
look into buying a nicer mid priced strat or something
and put one in on it. I do remember Per saying
something about doing fretless, and if I remember, he
put a sustainer on his guitar as well, How's that
working out?
--- "Goddard, Duncan" <goddard.duncan@mtvne.com>
wrote:

>  >> Brian I think Per was the last post on fretless
> stuff on the list
> but I've posted from time to time.  I play fretless
> and use a light
> gauge think the top is 12.  <<
>
> ah- I mentioned that I'd fumbled with a fretless
> gibson marauder whilst
> on a business trip in copenhagen; as I recall the
> neck was epoxied in a
> jaco-style, & the slots were neatly filled with some
> pale wood-filler
> stuff. standard tuning. it was much easier to play
> than I'd imagined,
> though I spend plenty of time on fretless basses. I
> nearly bought the
> thing but I came to my senses just in time. :-)
>
> a top E of 12 doesn't strike me as especially light,
> though.... that's
> firmly in dick dale/stevie ray vaughan territory,
> gauge-wise.
>
> d.

Got a little couch potato?