From: Brian Kupferschmid [mailto:apparitionapparition@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:56 PM
To: loopers delight
Subject: Question about fretless guitar(slightly OT)

I recently rediscovered a guitar I had that had a
fretless neck on it.  I forgot about it a long time
ago, and decided to fiddle with it.  I remember
someone on here recently played fretless guitar, what
I'm curious to know is, what your set up for the
guitar is(string guages, action, tuning, etc.).  For
now, I have a extra heavy guage set(think of a seven
string set without the high E) and I have it tuned
CGCFAD.  I would rather go back to standard tuning,
but I'm not sure if I should use my typical gauge of
string(a set of 10s) or go heavier for the sake of
sustain.  Also I was thinking about putting epoxy on
the fretboard and leveling/sanding it.
Recommendations?

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket:
mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC