Re: vortex

The heart of my guitar rig for several years now has been a Tech21
SansAmp PSA-1 and a Lexicon Vortex. This is actually my second Vortex
since I traded the first one as part of a deal to get a second Korg
AM8000R (another really great box). I've never really got into the
extreme morphing thing which probably means I'm underutilizing the
Vortex. The pluses for the Vortex are that even for basic modulation
effects, it has a wonderful complexity and warmth. The biggest
downsides are that its noisy, a pain to program (even compared to the
AM8000R which is saying something), and has no MIDI support for
switching effects, synchronizing to MIDI clock, etc.. You can't even
bypass the Vortex unless you have a footswitch connected.

Mark