Fwd: 11/5: (tonight!) Tom Swirly presents: The Illusion of Maya (mostly new acts!)

Hello -- just wanted to announce to looper's delight that this is now
a weekly!  I won't spam this list with announcements unless there is
specific loopy content (aside from me) from now on....

--------------

Last week's show was the most successful show I was ever a part of.
So they're bringing us back for at least another week...   as long as
we can keep people coming in!

Look for the "Early Bird Buyback Special" below if you like free drinks.

Tom Swirly presents:

The Illusion of Maya:
 an avant-garde electronic music talk show
     possibly featuring Maya Sky
     with Tom Swirly playing himself

and the Illusionary Dancers:
  Amy Uzi
  Faux Maux
  Valmonte Sprout

"Under Maya's influence, the soul mistakenly identifies with the body"

On the bill: (in alphabetic order:  temporal order has yet to be
worked out)

 Bonnie Kane
 Dan Jones
 Jeremy Weirdo
 Kid Lucky
 Puppies Hold Hands
 Tristan Perich/One-Bit Music(*)
 Volectrix (first show in 6 years!)

Monday November 5
8PM sharp!

open loop open electronic music jam after midnight (if there are
enough people drinking to keep the bar open)

At the basement under Lucky Cheng's.
24 1st Ave.
between East 1st and East 2nd Streets
(also known as Cave Canem).

Ask for the Early Bird Buyback special.

First five guests get a free drink!!!  (always tip your bartender!)
 First ten guests get free admission!!
  Next ten guests pay $3!
      ... but only if you ask for it.

Otherwise $5.

  (always $3 after midnight!)

(My personal) notes on the performers.

 Maya is an illusion but might sing for you.

 Tom Swirly (open loop, Verge, etc) plays electronic wind instrument,
sings, manipulates machines, and does various other entertaining
activities.

 Volectrix is an electronic hip-hop a cappella duo whose last show was
in Knitting Factory in 2001.

 Tristan Perich is the inventor, circuit maker, drummer and composer
behind too many musical ventures to count.  The (*) means I haven't
gotten a final confirmation yet.

 Puppies Hold Hands has Touching You (Liquid Tapedeck, Haunted Pussy,
etc) and Tom Swirly together again as an electronic rock duo for only
the second time in five years.

 Kid Lucky  is the groundbreaking beatboxer.

 Jeremy Weirdo is a musical peculiar and my longtime partner as the
Founder and Musical Director of the band Verge.

 Dan Jones is really the Welsh guitar wizard.  The Dan Jones last week
who played the small cardboard synthesizer was a fake.  We apologize
for the error.

 Bonnie Kane is the driving saxophone force behind the various W.O.O.
incarnations, World of Tomorrow, Mambo Mantis, etc.

Notes on the space:

 It's super-fantastic for the audience and performers alike.  The
performance area is in the back, comfortable, nice big stage, good PA,
we can hardly go wrong.

There's a nice bar area in the front separated by a hall from the
performance area so you can go away and chat and then come back and
watch again.

Mind the step on the way in!!

--
     /t