Re: TC Electronic D-two: how to emulate an analog delay?

> Per Boysen wrote:
> If you are stuck in that
> "Single Super Patch Limbo" you really need someone to show you the
> laws of blending different sound sources - you won't find out
> just by accident. Experienced musicians, music engineers and producers
> develop a kind of "imaginative multi layered hearing" with time that
> lets them hear a single sound as "what it is lacking"; i.e. what
> areas that particular sound will leave open in the mix for
> some other sound to occupy.

Yep. I don't consider myself as a pro, but I know what you mean. These
days, the dynamics and textures an average synth or FX module can produce
is amazing. Less is often more. It's an art to have total control over you
mix, especially when playing a live band. Regarding the analog delay
sound, I often use it as a wall paper sound in the back with a clear
guitar or flute sound on top of it; works very well that way.

Btw: I believe you use a Fireworx. Do you think it still is good value for
the money for a device designed 10 years ago, 1998?
---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/