Re: tape based pitching

Daryl Shawn schrieb:
> Oh my goodness, my jaw is on the floor and my tongue is bouncing up to
> the rafters. I want one of these SO BAD. I'd pay real money to someone
> who could build a portable version of this
> multi-revolving-head-granulating-pitch-changing tape machine.

A typical granular pitch shift done with Max or any of the cheaper pitch
shifters is using basically the same principle. Mine is as portable as
my Powerbook... ;-)
(It doesn't sound too good, as already Stockhausen pointed out, but I
don't care too much...)
I have seen an old machine, maybe the mentioned "springer" in the museum
of the experimental studio in Freiburg. It looked scary... ;-)

Stefan

P.S. couldn't keep up reading the list, but I am back again for
interesting threads... ;-)

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------