Re: computers suck creative energy

I agree. You can find an audience for any style of music. Even Avant
Garde has its fans. There's a great article on Ornette Colman in
Rolling Stone this month. I have a close friend that plays New 21st
Century Classical music. But my post was in the context of being a
paid musician. There's a ton of free gigs out there. No doubt about
that. But if you get hired to play a bar, there is an expectation on
the part of the club owner (your boss for the night), that you will
play appropriate music. Now that will change with the venue. Some bars
require more mainstream music, some bars I can kick in the Audio
Damage plugs and wail. Some get a little of both.

My point was (I think), that the groundbreaking loopers, Krispen, Per,
et al, have influenced my music within my genre. There techniques,
style and knowledge has seeped into my music. I use feedback, reverse
loops, delays, pitch shifting and other techniques I've learned here
and applied it to cover tunes. Yes, Its a compromise, but I have a
mortgage to pay.