Re: Terry Riley videos?

Michael

There's a great video of Terry Riley playing his just intonation synth
live here: http://ubuweb.com/film/aether.html. The video is called
"Landscape with Terry Riley". You'll have to sit through about 40min of
Terry Riley talking to Robert Ashley, mostly about goats and goats' milk
(!!!) first (plus a bit about composition etc) which is either irritating
or unintentionally hilarious depending on your mood, but after that
there's an AMAZING 45min piece of music called Shri Camel: Morning Corona
which is well worth the wait. You can also download the music as an mp3.

BTW my favourite LPs/CDs by Terry are:

* Shri Camel (studio recording with multitracked just intonation synths -
gorgeous)
* Harp of the New Albion (double CD of just intonation piano - amazing)
* Lisbon Concert (ordinary piano tuning, astonishing versatility and
fluctuations of mood)
* Soundtrack to Les Yeux Fermes / Lifespan (recently released soundtrack
to 70's films with some amazing synth work)
* Poppy Nogood and the Phantom Band "All Night Flight"  Vol 1 (Not to be
confused with a similarly titled album. This one contains amazing
saxophone solos going through Terrys 'Time Lag Accumulator')

Have you heard any of these ? They're ALL well worth checking out.

Cheers,
Guy
(XISTH entertainment)

> I'm looking for classic Terry Riley concert videos, anything solo where
>he
> plays keyboards. Ideally stuff from the seventies or sixties. There is
> nothing on Youtube except for tiny excerpts, but with such excerpts
> existing
> (e.g. in http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rFgSRi4pMmQ), this could mean that
> there are longer videos somewhere.
>
> -Michael