Re: Why SHOULDN'T musicians be paid?

"but its not ESSENTIAL, its not curing cancer"

An interesting side note to this....in my former life I was a registered music therapist, and one of my colleagues in Cleveland, while finishing her doctoral thesis, found that music therapy activities statistically increased the amount of a certain protein in saliva that promotes healing.  That's the short of it, I'll see if I can find the more clinical description for any one interested.

The woman's name is Deforia Lane.  This was 15 years ago, and I believe she was a cancer survivor herself and often claimed that she had used music therapy on herself to help battle the disease.

John