Re: Canford Headphone Limiter (In Ear Monitoring revisited)

Dan Ash wrote:

> I'm another skeptic of in-ear monitors - so I don't speak from
> experience here...  I would point out that compressors in general, if
> improperly used, are prime feedback offenders.

Ehm.. I fail to see how you'd have feedback problems with a sealed IEM?
Of cause, you may be talking about feedback generated elsewhere, being
fed to your IEM..

> I don't care for headphones much either, but they've got to be much more
> easily removed in the event of feedback.
>
> Maybe a 2-stage expander->limiter would provide a predictable level in
> an in-ear system.

Please explain the use of an expander here?  I's have no problems with a
2-stage system comprised of a low-ratio soft-knee limiter plus a hard
limiter to cut the really damaging tops really fast.

And I can understand Buzap's worries for picked-up interfEARenses *post*
a limiter.  Makes sense to me, hense, I too would want it as part of my
reciever package - *after* the actual reciever.

--
rgds,
van Sinn