Re: Canford Headphone Limiter (In Ear Monitoring revisited)

> Ehm.. I fail to see how you'd have feedback problems with a sealed IEM?
> Of cause, you may be talking about feedback generated elsewhere, being
> fed to your IEM..
You're right of course wrt an application where you're performing solo
or where you're controlling both the monitor mix and all the other open
mics onstage.

Have had several bad experiences with a sound man that only knew he
'should' have a compressor on the vocals but had no idea how to actually
use it.  Big feedback problems until we insisted he just pull it out of
the rack .  We were using regular stage monitors at the time.

> Please explain the use of an expander here?
My understanding of an expander is vague, but my thought was to make
sure there was always sufficient level without permitting the
compressor/limiter to boost the level.  As you say -this probably could
be achieved with just a 2-stage compressor.

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY