Tonight. Todd Reynolds Looping in NYC

To Our Dear List...

I'll be personifying the thread... "is it cheating to use prerecorded loops"  AND "coming from nothing and looping from the core".  Twould be nice to see you...

from my blog, http://blog.toddreynolds.com:

Dear Readers, I want to invite you to a very special performance this week.  Still Life with Microphone is my performance format for mixed up styles and genres.  Version X, in process for the 3 years, has the live interactive video art of Luke DuBois at its foundation, and tomorrow night we welcome Bass Clarinetist and composer Michael Lowenstern,  and one of my favorite musicians, percussionist Satoshi Takeishi.   Presented by The Electronic Music Foundation's EMFLab, the show opens with a set by Jen Stock, which I'm looking forward to very much.

Want to know more about Still Life with Microphone history and what you'll be seeing?  Read the program note here.

Wednesday, May 21st,  7pm
The Flea Theater
$15/$10 Students

Electronic Music Foundation presents the first annual EMF Lab, a new concert series bringing together emerging and established composers and improvisers to explore the convergence of sound and technology.

The Flea Theater inhabits the building at:
41 White St (between Broadway and Church St)
Tribeca
212-352-3101
Subway: A, C, E, J, M, Z, N, Q, R, W, 6 to Canal St; 1 to Franklin St  | Directions

--
Still Life with Microphone @ The Flea Theater as part of EMF Lab, with opener Jennifer Stock.

Featuring music of Michael Lowenstern, the percussion of Satoshi Takeishi, and a surprise guest, a Still LIfe regular.

7pm @ The Flea Theater, Walker Street, NY