From: Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill [mailto:rs@moinlabs.de]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 9:42 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: quest for a mobile recorder

So I followed discussions in the past about mobile, small recorders for
sessions/whatever recording. I have decided to get one, too, however, I'm
not sure which one is the right one (or if it even exists).

Hard requirements (must-have):
        * solid state, recording to SDHC cards
        * internal stereo microphone
        * possibility to record four tracks at once, two of them from the
built-in microphones and two others from a line input
        * contemporary battery, providing at least 90 minutes of four-track
recording and allowing for fast (e.g. at least realtime) recharging.
        * file formats: WAV, MP3

Soft requirements (would be nice):
        * connectors for microphones with phantom power
        * SPDIF connector
        * USB2 connector

To explain my motivation for these requirements: I want to be able to
record
performances and record both the FOH signal (from the mixer's tape output)
and the acoustic sound (using built-in mics) at the same time.

Are there any devices available fulfilling those requirements?

        Rainer