Re: gig review - Daryl Shawn with Ted Harms in Toronto, Sunday

thanks for writing the review Ted! It was fantastic to meet and play
with you. Somehow we have managed to install a Good People filter on
membership in the LD community, it's been so great to hook up with these
people I know only electronically.

I felt great about the show. The crowd was not necessarily one
accustomed to seeing improvised music, but I think we won them over, I
didn't see people leaving which is the ultimate test. And having
improvising dancers involved for part of the set was really exciting, it
certainly is a way to add visual interest and it was great to play off
them.

Since gear minutiae is high currency on this list, I did want to offer a
mild correction, I was using a single four-track with a dictating
machine in the effects loop, with a punch-in pedal and the dictaphone
backspace pedal to control 'em. I do have a backup four-tracker along, a
little Fostex (battery-powered! I'll be using Sam's portable solar ideas
not too long in our blissful future...) which I haven't had to break out
yet. I'm LOVING the Traveler Guitar nylon-string (the older Escape
model), it has such nice intonation in the high frets and people seem to
be fascinated by the look. So far I've been using it exclusively on all
the looping gigs.

thanks again for making the drive out to meet up and play, it was a
grand pleasure.

cheers,

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com