FCB-1010

another quick qustion to anyone who has time -
just got mine in the mail...read through the manual and cant seem to find a function i need

even though this is not my application...imagine you are a guitar player using the FCB to control a POD x3 style unit
personally, i would want to program a button to turn the delay on/off ....reverb on/off....distortion on/off, and seemingly the kicker is the fact that i would want the LED for the button to stay on if the respective effect was on......sooooooooo....hit the button to turn on verb...then hit the button to turn on distortion...and when i look down the LEDs for both my delay and distortion buttons are on

i cannot seem to make it work like this....whenever i hit another button the led for the previous one goes off and there is seemingly no user config option for latch, momentary, toggle etc.

any ideas or confirmations?

ty
fro