Fwd: musicianship for solo loopers? (was OT NINE INCH NAILS)

i should have mentioned, he actually opened for me at a show once!! anyway that was a silly non-sequitur....

not to knock your question...its a hard one...i still worry about it sometimes, being cellist trapped in a chair. it does feel like there is pressure to "entertain", but in the end i resist it and just try to be myself.

so that would be my advice. don't think about it. the more authentically YOU you are, the more intrigued the audience will be. and if YOU means an over the top light show, then do that.

Begin forwarded message:

ok, its not looping, but i throw rocky roulette out there as an example of a solo performance with a lot of visual interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYzdbkiNsC8