AW: Frequencies was Re: AW: AW: OT: new Macbook wíthOUT Firewire :(

> when you're tuning your guitar. I quote: "When two
> single-frequency tones are present in the air at the same
> time, they will interfere with each other and produce a beat
> frequency. The beat frequency is equal to the difference
> between the frequencies of the two tones and if it is in the
> mid-frequency region, the human ear will perceive it as a

Now I throw in a bunch of theory and state: in any linear system, the
output
for a sum of two inputs is equal to the sum of the outputs for the two
individual inputs to the system. So: no intermodulation.

Now let's turn it the other way round: if intermodulation occurs, obviously
our system is nonlinear. So simply keep your system as linear as possible,
and all is (and stays) well.

> The only way out is to actually *be* where natural music takes place!

And have the music always play back at low SPLs AND low spectral density.
So, no more death metal concerts and no more recorder ensembles.

> Hmmm... no, can't figure out what's missing, but since

See above ;)

        Rainer