Re: bbe sonic maximizer

I own a sonic maximizer and am happy with it.

If you already have excellent source material (i.e., a great mix,
great speakers, etc) then you really don't have a need for the Sonic
Maximizer.

However, if one has a compromised source such as an old cassette
recording or a "murky" mix, the Sonic Maximizer does a pretty good job
of getting some clarity and "punch" from the recording (it performes
some phase-alignment).

Also, I have a pair of Technics speakers from the 70s (two-way, 8"
ported enclosure) and when I run material through the Maximizer it
really tightens up the sound (that is, the Technics speakers approach
the clarity of my SR824s).

I have some old recordings I did on Casio keyboards that tend to be
kind of "mid-range dominate" and murky and the BBS unit does wonders
with this.

Also, when I listen to streaming audio from the internet I run it
through the BBS and it really makes the low-quality audio sound pretty
amazing.

The bottom line:

The BBS is excellent to compensate for mediocre source material or
speakers.

However, if your recording setup is state-of-the-art then the BBS may
have little effect and limited use.

-- Kevin