RE: TuneCore - Opinions?

I have four albums on CD Baby, and they have been excellent.  They don't do
email blasts or outbound promo, but in every other way they are the best
thing I've found in decades of working in music.

dave

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Os <os@collective.co.uk> wrote:

> CD Baby on the other hand is a one-off fee and your stuff is up for ever.
>
> Having used both, so far I'm preferring CD Baby.

Me too. I recently co-wrote a book (in Swedish) on D-I-Y indy music
marketing for musicians and me and my fellow author decided to keep
recommending CD Baby first hand. What I particularly like is that they
also do digital downloads and not only for iTunes, they submit your
stuff everywhere, according to your wishes. They give you a simple but
powerful online admin interface to direct to what type of digital
download web shops the music shall be submitted to (pending from free
downloads to the most expensive). I've been talking to Derek Sivers
that started CD Baby and he says he kept waiting for the right guy to
come around before selling CD Baby, to make sure his old start-up will
be taken well care of. The reason he sold the company was that it grew
so big and turned him into a CEO, which he never wanted to be.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)